Why a Car is Like your Favorite Dress – 2013 Kia Optima SXL Review
A car and a dress? How can I say they are similar in any way? After driving the 2013 Kia Optima SXL, let me tell you – they are very similar indeed.
We all have that one dress. The dress that is “THE” dress. You fell in love with it at first sight, when you put it on you feel confident and sexy. The dress that if it was acceptable, you would wear it every day. For some it is a prom dress or wedding dress. Maybe it’s the little black cocktail dress. Whatever dress it is, it’s a dress that you won’t ever part with.
2013 Kia Optima SXL
Disclaimer: I drove a new Kia Optima SXL for a week free of charge to provide you with my honest opinion of the vehicle.
All opinions expressed are honest and my own.
The 2013 Kia Optima SXL is just like that dress. From the moment I laid eyes on it, I said, “oh my, I am not going to want to give this one back!” The car itself looks sexy and gets a lot of looks from passers by. Once you get in, you feel it. It makes you feel like you just zipped up that very special dress and you are transformed. You won’t ever want to take it off!
This car has all bells and whistles you could want in a car and I love what Kia is doing to increase the competition. This Optima will rival any luxury brand car you can think of. From the soft leather seats with both driver and passenger heating and cooling, to the center “command center” (that’s what I decided to call it) with the navigation, sattelite radio and media port, the Optima has it all.
There are too many extras to list them all but I wanted to share a few things I love about this car.
- Navigation System – Super easy to use and very accurate
- Rear Backup Camera
- Media Port with Aux/USB– Plug in your iphone, ipad, etc… and it will recognize your device and play your music – Plus remember it for future use!
- Satellite Radio with 3 screens of favorite channel selections
- Blue Tooth and voice commands
- Dual Temperature Control
- Dual Heated/Cooled Seats
- Memory Seat Postioning (chose 2 seat positions and set them to memory)
- Sliding Front Sunroof and Large Rear Moonroof
- Lots of leg room front and back
- Oversize Trunk (my 7 year old actually crawled in to reach something that rolled to the back because she couldn’t reach!)
- Exterior – Beautiful, Sexy, Sleek… Perfect
- Powerful – I’m not an expert on the technical mumbo jumbo so I will just tell you that there is plenty of power when you hit that gas peddle. If you need a bit extra, the paddle shifters on the steering wheel make it easy to downshift for a boost on hills!
- Fuel Efficient – The car holds 18.4 gallons and I drove around quite a bit for a week, to and from work, practices and shopping and used just about 3/4 tank in that time. It is estimated to get 22-34 mpg which is awesome for a car it’s size and with the power it has!
- Safe – The Optima rates top notch in safety in every test!
Like I said, the features are too numerous to list, but you should definitely check them out… For Full Specs on the 2013 Kia Optima SXL and other trim packages, visit the Kia Optima Page at their website.
So when my test drive was over at the end of the week, I was so sad to have to say goodbye to the Optima. It felt like the day where you accept that you are no longer a teenager and can not wear that prom dress anymore. The good news is, that when I am ready to buy a new car, I know where to start looking.
If you are looking for a new ride and have a chance to drive a Kia – do it! This is the third one I have driven now. I have loved them all, with this one being my favorite so far.
Do you already own a Kia? Tell me what you love about yours too!!
2013 Kia Optima SXL