Cucumber Mint Mojito Wheat Cous Cous Salad
This recipe goes back to a story I posted a while back for a Cucumber Mojito…while that was Ahhhsome (and you should totally go check that out when you are done here), this Cous Cous Salad is Ahhhmazing and was inspired at the same time. A nice light refreshing salad, easy to prepare ahead and perfect for a summer BBQ!
- 1 1/4 Cup Water
- 2 tsp Vegan “Chicken” Broth Seasoning **
- 1 Cup Wheat Cous Cous
- 1 Cucumber, Peeled and Diced
- 2 TBSP Chopped Fresh Mint
- 5 TBSP Lime Juice
- 8 Grape Tomatoes, Quartered
- Lemon Zest
- OPTIONAL (a dash of spiced rum or rum extract)
**you can skip the “chicken” seasoning if you don’t have it or can’t find it. I like it for just another layer of flavor but still great without it!
Prepare Cous Cous
- Bring to a boil water with “Chicken” Seasoning
- Add Wheat Cous Cous, stir and cover for about 5-10 minutes until all the water is absorbed.
Fluff Cous Cous with fork. Once cooled, add in rest of ingredients. The longer it sits, the more the flavors blend.
Make yours with or without Rum…rum extract works fine if you want “non-alcoholic” =)