Mexi-Mushroom! Spicy Stuffed Portabella
I love Mexican food and there are so many ways to eat it. As I was sitting around thinking some mushroom fajitas sounded wonderful a light bulb went off on how to use my portabella that was sitting waiting to be used. Yep…the “Mexi-Mushroom”…stuffed full of seasoned brown rice, tomatoes, onions and peppers.
- Portabella Mushroom
- 1 small microwave container of brown minute rice
- Fajita Seasoning
- Onion (diced)
- Tomato (diced)
- Jalapeno (diced-canned)
- Daiya Vegan Cheddar Shreds
Directions: Ok ok…I know I really should measure for you guys but this is how I cook most of the time…a little of this and a little of that, so I’ve given you a picture to measure by, lol!
- First, prepare your mushroom. Gently scoop out belly until you reach the nice firm meat. Drizzle with a little Olive Oil and sprinkle with fajita seasoning and bake at 350 for about 10 minutes until tender… or you be adventurous and microwave for 30 seconds at a time but be careful not to turn it to rubber!
- Next, microwave your rice as directed
- In a pan, saute your cooked rice with some fajita seasoning, salsa, onion and tomato.
- When onion is tender, pour your rice mixture into your cooked portabella.
- Top with cheese shreds and place back in oven to melt if desired
- Add you jalapeno to the top
That’s it…serve it up and Enjoy!